No announcement yet.

Wichita State looking into women’s basketball transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do see where you are coming from on this, shockmonster. I am only saying that in their way of thinking, these former players are doing what they can to make the university and the program better/safer for those who come behind them, which is actually a great way to live.

Comment

• As I have said many times over, it would be a good thing to have an "outside organization" do an investigation. The school, the coaches, players, and parents should want that to leave no doubt about anything and put the program on a positive note.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_67 View Post
        As I have said many times over, it would be a good thing to have an "outside organization" do an investigation. The school, the coaches, players, and parents should want that to leave no doubt about anything and put the program on a positive note.
        I have not seen Shocker greats Alex and Kelsey say anything publicly to support or to criticize Jody. I think they would be the most credible sources of what the program is like. Kelsey with five years and the only player in her recruiting class to stay at WSU and Alex our greatest player ever. I suspect they have just moved on and will be successful wherever they go. No matter how we look at this; it is a black eye on the university to receive this kind of negative publicity. Time will tell; and as I have said many times, this program is not for the feint of heart.

Comment

• This guy can solve it!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
            I have not seen Shocker greats Alex and Kelsey say anything publicly to support or to criticize Jody. I think they would be the most credible sources of what the program is like. Kelsey with five years and the only player in her recruiting class to stay at WSU and Alex our greatest player ever. I suspect they have just moved on and will be successful wherever they go. No matter how we look at this; it is a black eye on the university to receive this kind of negative publicity. Time will tell; and as I have said many times, this program is not for the feint of heart.
            I take their silence as a very loud message. If I had just played on a conference championship team for 3 years in a row, and if I felt supportive of my coach who is being "attacked", I would find it very easy to say 9 simple words on my way out: "Coach Adams did not abuse us in any way." In fact, saying those 9 words, if true, would take less effort than maintaining silence thru any badgering they may have faced.

Comment

• You take it as a very loud message because you are extremely biased in that direction. That doesn't make it so.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockswsu View Post
                I take their silence as a very loud message. If I had just played on a conference championship team for 3 years in a row, and if I felt supportive of my coach who is being "attacked", I would find it very easy to say 9 simple words on my way out: "Coach Adams did not abuse us in any way." In fact, saying those 9 words, if true, would take less effort than maintaining silence thru any badgering they may have faced.
                On the other hand, maybe they don't want to set themselves against their former teammates, and simply want to take the high road.

Comment

• Agreed--it doesn't "make it so". However, using rules of logic and weighing costs and benefits of various actions/non-actions as one would in a courtroom...it makes it more likely so than not.

Comment

• Man I'm glad this isn't a courtroom. Oh wait..
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• You're using rules of logic and weighing costs after making your own assumption/judgment as to what the truth is. It doesn't make you wrong, but it does mean you are biased, and it weighs into your decision-making.

As someone truly unbiased, I take someone not saying anything as someone not saying anything, not a scathing indictment or support parade.

I do find it entertaining, (and at times depressing) when a group of people yell "We demand an investigation, surely it will show everyone how right we are" and then get all pissed off when they disagree with the outcome of said investigation.

Comment

• The university was clear that this is not a formal investigation, but what they call a “listening tour”. Dr. Scherz will report her findings to Bardo when those conversations conclude.

Based on Paul Suellentrop's most recent article they was no record of this listening tour. No recording, no written reports or statements. Nothing when a Kansas Open Records request was made.

So apparently what happened is Julie listened. Made a verbal report to Dr. Bardo. Dr. Bardo deciced not to undertake a formal investigation. A couple of minor tweaks to the WBB program were made.

The transparency leaves a little to be desired.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          http://www.kwch.com/sports/breaking-...sfers/32532976

Based on Paul Suellentrop's most recent article they was no record of this listening tour. No recording, no written reports or statements. Nothing when a Kansas Open Records request was made.

So apparently what happened is Julie listened. Made a verbal report to Dr. Bardo. Dr. Bardo deciced not to undertake a formal investigation. A couple of minor tweaks to the WBB program were made.

The transparency leaves a little to be desired.
                          From my personal experience in personnel investigations, there is no transparency involved. If Jody were fired, you'd know the result. Otherwise, it's between the leadership and employee.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            If Jody were fired, you'd know the result.
                            And if she is not fired you don't know anything for sure. So now we have this big cloud of uncertainty and speculation hanging over the WSU WBB program and the WSU administration. That's not exactly a great outcome either.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 29, 2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              And if she is not fired you don't know anything for sure. So know we have this big cloud of uncertainty and speculation hanging over the WSU WBB program and the WSU administration. That's not exactly a great outcome either.
                              Do you have experience in personnel? I'm not sure what you expected. This is a no win situation for Dr. Bardo. He will take a hit, no matter what he does.
                              1. Fire coach, you just fired the most successful women's coach in WSU history. Her supporters are unhappy.
                              2. Keep coach and keep a close eye with an improvement plan, you don't advertise the problems discovered and throw her completely under the bus. Detractors are unhappy and cloud over program still there.
                              Last edited by shockmonster; May 29, 2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                Do you have experience in personnel? I'm not sure what you expected. This is a no win situation for Dr. Bardo. He will take a hit, no matter what he does.
                                1. Fire coach, you just fired the most successful women's coach in WSU history. Her supporters are unhappy.
                                2. Keep coach and keep a close eye with an improvement plan, you don't advertise the problems discovered and throw her completely under the bus. Detractors are unhappy and cloud over program still there.
                                I have always been a let's put all our cards on the table and let the chips fall where they may and where they should. However, I understand the litigious nature of things in modern society and I understand Jody lawyered up pretty aggressively which is her right. There could be other motivations and factors involved in the decision to retain Jody that aren't readily apparent to a small-timer like me.

Comment

Working...
                                X